[mythtv-users] OT: Mount problems

Sun Nov 30 07:36:14 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> I remember people hearing people talk about some GUI network manager
> thing in the new Ubuntu that sets up wireless--and, since it's a GUI
> thing, doesn't do so until X starts (which is too late for services).
> Perhaps that's the issue.
>
> Also, how to properly redirect output to a file (as you forgot to put
> the errors in the file):
>
> command > /path/to/file 2>&1

whats the 2>&1 do?

the thing I don't understand is why (after my frontends have been
running for a few hours now without reboot) why when I ping the dns
names of any other client it doesn't work.... I'm using dd-wrt, it
shouldn't take this long for anything which has to do with that.....

thank you for the advice and the 2>&1, Its not due to that issue thought
with the GUI i don't think... because I'm having the script wait a
minute before mounting (using a different thread then launched it)
-J