[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV HD 800i - can't tune any ATSC channels

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 10:33:27 UTC 2008

> I had problems with scanning channels as well. I had to actually scan
> the channels outside of mythtv, and then manually add the channels (I
> believe, I did this in April, so I don't recall exactly the steps)
> with their listed frequencies. Once I did this, they all worked fine.
> Maybe someone else who is more familiar with the procedure could assist.

I tried these instructions:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Adding_Digital_Cable_Channels_(For_ATSC/QAM_Tuner_Cards_--_USA/Canada).
I ran "scan /atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB". But the scan utility
just says:

tune to: 201028615:8VSB (tuning failed)
WARNING: >>> turing failed!!!

It repeats this for each channel it tries to tune.