[mythtv-users] Bookmarking in Videos

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 20:37:05 UTC 2008

>> Im not aware if I am using an external player or internal.  It looks
>> like its using mplayer based on the setup menus for the video player.
>> The following is the line in setup for the default player "mplayer -fs
>> -zoom -quiet -vo xv %s"  As far as I can recall that would have been
>> the default setting.
>
> you are using mplayer. See my earlier post.
>
> Or if you want to try the internal player, use Internal as the player
> command (note the capitalisation, initial capital I on Internal).

Prior to your response I changed it to Internal  just to see what
would happen.  Indeed the bookmarking and all the other aspects I am
familiar with are there.  This makes me wonder why would the default
player for videos be different than the player for recordings in the
first place if the included player will deal with common video codecs
like avi/divx.