[mythtv-users] Case suggestions

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Oct 2 23:07:18 UTC 2008

Brian Wood wrote:
> Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>>> Only problem I have had was that the power LED on the front is a bright
>>> piercing blue, and the LCD was also bright, both of which my wife hated.
>>> I disconnected the power led and removed lcdproc.
>>>
>> Why not just buy a sheet of transparency paper, print out gray, and
>> cover the LCD and LED.  I'm sure there are plenty of other places you
>> could find cheap tinted filters as well.
>
> Or just paint nail polish of your favorite color over the LED.
>
> Neutral density filters are available at camera stores and other outlets
> to reduce the LCD brightness, or use one of those over-priced "privacy
> filters".
> beww

All valid points but gee, guys, I don't need a light to tell me my
mythbox is running: it's ON all the time. The only times it wouldn't be
would be when the house power goes off. (OK, it could be re-booting...)

And it certainly would be ON if we were sitting watching TV!

As to the LCD, it was bright, and distracting and in the end not NEEDED.
Some people might NEED it on, but I don't. I don't need it for the time
or for the channel etc.

For that matter I also disconnected the hard drive LED as it's flashing
was also distracting.

Of course, the box sits directly below the TV right in line of sight...

Your Viewpoint May Vary!

Geoff