[mythtv-users] AppleTV + Mythbuntu

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 05:03:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 5:30 AM, H Z <hansz_2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if some kind soul here can help me. I've installed a co-exist
> mythbuntu on my atv and am very close now to having it work for not only SD
> content but also OTA HD mpeg2 content. The only thing is that when showing
> 1080 OTA HD it has the slightest of stutters every 2 seconds or so for a
> fraction of a second. Here's what my cpu/memory usage looks like displaying
> SD :

You should also check your frontend log to make sure you are actually
using XvMC. (Your OSD should be in greyscale.)  The 2-second stutters
were exactly what I was seeing when XvMC wasn't working.
I did set the playback profiles per the bootloader wiki, but had to
screw around with the contents of /etc/X11/XvMCConfig before the
frontend would use XvMC.

http://groups.google.com/group/atv-bootloader/browse_thread/thread/e17695ba6cc56b13/91f5853cfca89576?lnk=gst&q=XVMC#91f5853cfca89576