[mythtv-users] Hardware h264 via plug-in card?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Oct 3 19:37:10 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 10:52:30AM -0700, Steve Heistand wrote:

> > > If you pre-ordered, you spent $249 on a device that you still can't
> > > use (not wanting to run unstable/experimental software) which is now
> >
> >      That's pretty much true of MythTV in general. If you think otherwise
> > you're just kidding yourself. Meanwhile, some of us that were not scarred
> > for life by earlier experiences with ivtv or lirc are happily exploiting
> > the full potential of the Hauppauge 1212 in MythTV.
>
> Im not happily exploiting 5.1 sound out of the thing yet. but from whats come
> out in the past couple of days its certainly breathing hard.

    I think Linux is exploiting it as well as anything at this point and
I think that's the key thing here. A lot of us bought our 1212's thinking
that they would be soon sued out of existence and were pleasantly surprised
at how quickly things came along.

    Janne really deserves big Kudos in this regard.