[mythtv-users] Hardware h264 via plug-in card?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Sat Oct 4 01:24:01 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> I thought he was stating a fact. He's warning people to not rush out
> and buy this expecting it to work until there is support under linux
> and support in mythtv for it - just like people shouldn't run out and
> buy the Hauppauge 1212 unless they want to run an unstable version of
> mythtv, compile experimental software, etc.

Thanks - exactly.

Also people seem to be missing that even if there is linux driver
support for h264 acceleration it won't help unless MythTV also supports
the driver interface for that, which currently doesn't even exist as
even a spec as far as I know.

I'm sure it will come - but not anytime soon.