[mythtv-users] firewire with comcast in Mountain View, CA?

cromworshipper-mythtvlist at yahoo.com cromworshipper-mythtvlist at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 5 00:22:49 UTC 2008

Show of hands, please, how many people use firewire with comcast in Mountain View, CA?

Just like Dejan on this page:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Firewire_Cable_Box_Compatibility

I'd been using firewire happily until May this past year when firewire stopped working completely.  plugreport reports no hardware firewire devices present.

My DCH3200 box reports, on the diagnostic screen, that firewire ports are not active.  On the status page, it reports 5C for firewire

After many aggravating attempts at resolving this with comcast locally, a tech finally (after talking to a 'supervisor') said that it's about copyright protection and that firewire is enabled only for television sets that support firewire.  As I understand it, no such device exists.  Does there exist a commercially available TV set that takes firewire?

Thanks.

John