[mythtv-users] How to copy channels info to new distro?

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Sun Oct 5 01:14:18 UTC 2008

I'm getting ready to upgrade my distro and am seeking advice on how to
migrate the database.  I was going to just copy the whole thing but
thought that perhaps I should only copy what's necessary since I have
some odd problems with my existing system and would like to avoid
copying possible configuration problems to the new system.

I have found plenty of info on copying the recordings data but nothing
on the channels.  I got bit the first time I upgraded and did the
recordings but neglected the recordedseek table.  I don't want something
similar to happen with my channels info so thought I'd ask if anyone can
point me at a howto or Wiki page that would detail which tables need to
be copied.  I'm comfortable with mysql commands but just need to know
what tables I should copy and any caveats that I should know about.  I
have a LOT of manually entered data that I don't want to do over so a
simple re-scan is not an option.

DaveD