[mythtv-users] How to copy channels info to new distro?

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Sun Oct 5 02:17:27 UTC 2008

Adam Hirsch wrote:
> DaveD (mythtv at guiplot.com) wrote:
>

>> I was going to just copy the whole thing but thought that perhaps I
>> should only copy what's necessary since I have some odd problems with my
>> existing system and would like to avoid copying possible configuration
>> problems to the new system.
>>

>> [...] I have a LOT of manually entered data that I don't want to do over
>> so a simple re-scan is not an option.
>>

> Having recently migrated myself from one system to another, and hearing you
> say you've got a lot of manually entered data, it sounds to me like you're
> probably best off carrying the whole DB over rather than sorting through
> it...  Just my $0.02.
>
> Adam

Part of the reason I'm upgrading is the quirky problems I currently
have.  The main reason, though, is I'm running FC7 which has not been
supported for a while.  I figure I'll give it a try just exporting the
tables I think I'll need.  If something doesn't work (or I still have
quirky problems) I'll just dump the DB and load from the full dump.

Here's what I've decided to export:

mysqldump -u mythtv -p -t mythconverg record recorded \
oldrecorded recordedprogram recordedrating \
recordedmarkup recordedseek channel  videosource > fc7_mythtables.sql

I'll post the results.

DaveD