[mythtv-users] firewire with comcast in Mountain View, CA?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Oct 5 21:41:32 UTC 2008

On Oct 5, 2008, at 12:18 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:

>> Does there exist a commercially available TV set that
>> takes firewire?
>
> You're asking the wrong question. It should be "How can I record
> digital-cable recordings at high quality on my MythTV box?" Since you
> mention 5C I presume you are after high-definition channels. Search
> for "HD-PVR".

No, he wants to be able to go to his cable company and say, "I have X
TV, so I need the firewire on my STB enabled so I can use it with my
TV."
So, something like this: http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=212369
or this: http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?M=JVC&ID=795082&ref=GB

Or any of the other ones that google returns. You're looking for ieee
1394 connectors on a HD television.