[mythtv-users] MythTV - Satelite Signal and HD

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Mon Oct 6 09:33:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Per Jørgensen <myth at pbj-design.dk> wrote:

> Hey Bill.
> Thanks for answering - The same idea about Linux/mythTV is also mine
> about what is supported.
>
> But my idea about which card also supports HD - Since my Satelite
> (Viasat/CD - european) have the options of sending HDTV via Satelite - I
> would lkike to ba able to get this highdefination TV also - caurse I can
> really see a difference.
>
> So I'm in doubt that which one are supported and are working with HD in
> MythTV!
>
> THanks a lot again

Please don't topquote on this list.

Do you know :
-if it's dvb-s or dvb-s2? (for the HD)
-what format they're sending down?

Typically it will just be higher resolution mpeg2 (for dvb-s) in which case
every card "supports" HD as they simply dump the raw mpeg stream to disk no
matter what "format" it's in.

If DVB-S2 things get more trick and you'll need someone who did the UK
testing of BBC over dvb-s2 with h264 to chime in.