[mythtv-users] Mythtv OSX - settings for DVB-T recordings -> 1080p display? Upscaling?

Rafael Moslin rafmoslin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 14:42:03 UTC 2008

If you are up scaling (at least in the UK) 720x576i or 544x576i to
1920x1080p then with the best will in the world you will be losing a lot of
definition, you can not put in detail that is not there to start with. If
you feel that your Samsung TV is up scaling better than MythTV is, then you
could try and set your desktop resolution to mimic the output and let the TV
scale it for you. In fact, with Linux certainly, you can get MythTV to
change the screen resolution to match the content if you want. One other
thought I've just had is that the TV is possibly ever so slightly blurring
the output to avoid a blocky apearence, this is an option my Samsung Series
5 40" LCD has set on as a default,  you can sometimes mimic that with your
video driver.

Good luck!