[mythtv-users] Mutiple tuners not following Data Source input type

Mike Sabolish devon_coder at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 6 20:25:14 UTC 2008

I have a Gentoo backend running mythtv 0.21_p18314.  I have two Hauppauge PVR-1600 tuners connected to my Comcast analog NTSC analog cable feed.

I have both of the tuners bound to the same Input Source (Schedules Direct), and both are utilizing the same channel information.  The first tuner, can tune and record from all 75 analog NTSC channel defined in the Schedules Direct lineup.  The second tuner can only tune and record the first 13 channels.  All of the other channels above 13 come in as static.

I experienced the same thing originally on both cards when I had the input source improperly set to 'us-bcast'.  In other words, both cards would tune the first 13 channels and the rest would be static.  When I switched the input connection type for the lineup in mythtv-setup to 'us-cable', the first card started working, but the second card still only tunes the first 13 channels.

To me, it looks like the first card sees the proper 'us-cable' settings, but the second card is still seeing a 'us-bcast' type of connection.  However since this setting applies to the source lineup, and the same lineup is bound to both cards, I am not sure how to fix this.

Is there something I should be checking in the DB directly? I also tried deleting all card, all source lineups, and doing over from scratch, but I still have the same problem.

Any help appreciated, Mike