[mythtv-users] What kind of Myth setups do you all have?

Henrik Beckman henrik.list at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 11:55:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 9:51 PM, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com> wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, what kind of setups do our list regulars (or
> anyone!) have? ie., How many backends, frontends, which tuner card(s),
> remote(s), and how is the whole shebang connected and placed throughout the
> house/wherever? What kind of TV (HD, analog, etc.)? Do you use Myth for
> videos/pics/etc.? I'm trying to get ideas for myself as we move into a new
> house in a few months, I'd really appreciate feedback.
>
> Myself, currently Myth server box in basement and desktop PC in room on
> upper level as frontend, cable TV, pvr150 w/usb IR remote-- pretty simple ;)

Antec fusion casde.
Abit Nvidia based motherboard with a intel Q9300.
4GB RAM (it was cheap)
3HDD
 - 250GB samsung for system and archive.
 - 500GB samsung for recordings
 - 1TB samsung for recordings
Nova-TD stick, with virtual tuners.
Nova-t 500, wich is currently not used.
PVR-150 controlling a STB with the ms irblaster.
MS media remote with blaster.
Standard DVD.
"noname" USB optical out soundcard.
Schythe ninja mini no fan, dual nexus chassi fans.
Running dualframerate deinterlacing, yadiffx2.

System is silent enough for normal livingroom usage but not silent enough
for a bedroom or similar.
I´ve peaked out with 5 recordings and a playback, I´ve had to increase the
max number of jobs otherwise it just capped and killed one recording.

/Henrik