[mythtv-users] MacOSX Universal Binaries on TheSniderPad.com

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Tue Oct 7 17:33:51 UTC 2008

>>   I wanted to let everyone know that I now have nightly SVN Mac OSX
>> "Universal" builds of MythTV frontend and backend on
>> http://www.thesniderpad.com.   Also, I'll continue doing weekly -
>> Fixes
>> builds (also Universal).   Thank you to everyone who contributed to
>> the
>> "Universal Fund".   I've tested the -fixes branch on my ppc and intel
I have been running Mythv on my intel MBP but was wondering what I am
missing to get it running on the PowerPC mini? It complains about a
framework that is missing and thought I found a fix by installing the
firewire sdk from Apple but that did not fix it either. I don't have
the message right in front of me at this time. I was trying to use a
precompiled version so I would not have to compile it myself. I also
read that you can recompile with dvb/firewire support turned off (but
I would like a workaround without building it myself if possible).

- James