[mythtv-users] MythTV UPnP Server

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Tue Oct 7 18:45:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 17:09 +0100, Ian Hodgson wrote:
> Hello,
>      I would appreciate any help that you might offer me with setting up
> the UPnP server that comes along with MythTV. Whilst MythMusic offers
> the ability to define the media sorting via the Tree Sorting field, I
> need to know how I can define a similar sorting mechanism for the UPnP
> server. Currently, my MP101 is offered "All Music" and "By Album" to
> which I would like to add "By Artist" and possibly "By Playlist".
>
> Thanks in advance.

I have an MP101 as well and talked to the UPNP author here in this list
some time ago.  The ball unfortunately is in my court (if I recall
correctly) as he wanted some logs that I never got around to generating.

I don't think the UPNP server has anything to do w/MythMusic.  That is,
I doubt features are shared.

I assume you are seeing multiple identical music entries on your MP101
as well as un-playable video entries?  I haven't checked (powered up) my
MP101 for a while now - so I don't know what the state of things are.

FYI, A SqueezeCenter server and the various HW & SW clients are much
easier to use.  You might check out mythsqueezebox (kind-of in beta
right now) if you are interested in running a SqueezeCenter server.