[mythtv-users] Watch list problem

David Fishburn dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 20:05:49 UTC 2008

> Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 10:49:18 -0400
> From: "Johnny Russ" <jruss at mit.edu>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Watch list problem
> To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>

>> Anyway, to my luck, the developer who made this function did a good job.
>> Even though the GUI don't allow my to set a lower value than 1 for the
>> exlude setting it is possible to set the value to 0 in the database. And
>> this way the Watch List never exclude any episodes, it shows all episodes
>> that i haven't watched. So now when i have watched and/or deleted a episode
>> of Seinfeld the next not watched episode shows up. Exactly as i want it.
>>

> Wow thanks for that tip. I had figured out how to get the watch list in the
> right order for me. But I quit using it because I, like you, frequently
> stock up 2 or 3 episodes of a show and watch them on the same evening. I
> liked how the watch list limits it to a single episode of any given series.
> But it drove me crazy that once I watched an episode and deleted it, it
> doesn't immediately populate the list with the next most recent unwatched
> episode. Setting the value to 0 as you described hopefully will give the
> exact behavior I want and expect from the watch list. Thanks.

I believe the author of the watch list talked about that on a previous thread.

If I get it right, the item is removed from the list so that you can
catch up on the next most needed to watch item (based on the algorithm
it uses).  The watch list will eventually (5 minutes maybe) add it
back to that list.  That way, if you are going through the list, you
just keep watching the top item and you will eventually make it
through everything.

So it was an intentional design for it to disappear of a little bit
before adding back the next episode to watch.

Dave