[mythtv-users] Storage groups: How to set 'SGweightLocalStarting' to 0?

Jonathan Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 8 14:27:36 UTC 2008

I've got 3 BE's each with 2 storage drives. They are all connected to a nice gigabit switch and use NFS and mount points so that all the BE's have access to all recording dirs. All the storage drives are added to the default SG.

I would like myth to balance the recordings across all the drives based on free space rather than 'local' vs. 'remote' storage, so I tried stopping mythBE, opening SQL as root, and executing the following command:

INSERT settings (value, data, hostname) VALUES ("SGweightLocalStarting ", 0, "");

This put the entry into settings, but it doesn't seem to produce the desired effect: that local and remote storage would be judged on an equal footing.

I tested by manually scheduling 2 simultaneous recordings. They should have gone into drives 5&6 based on free space, but they still were placed in the local storage, drives 1&2 (which have the least free space).

Can anyone give me a hand with this?

Jon