[mythtv-users] how to improve Myth (was "OT: I'm streaming Netflix on my Linux box")

Xavier Hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Wed Oct 8 18:34:46 UTC 2008

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> Not on my radar.  I would expect that under video, not music because
> while it's a music video, any traditional music player isn't the place
> to go to see clips.  I could see better integration between the two
> where if you were listening to music by Springsteen that you had a
> button that was "Show Springsteen videos" which simply presented you a
> query result for "Springsteen" from your video collection.
Which means it is not shuffled with the rest of the musics. The video
from a music clip could be seen as a visualization and therefore would
not be that different to other visualizations.
Beside, an video clip should have an artist, (musical) genre ... like a
song. Which is why I would be favourable to a media structure holding
all kind of media such as music, recording, video, video cover, ...
This would also make easier to maintain upnp stuff and to uniform the UI.
Unfortunately it is a huge task.

Xavier
PS: could you give me your SVN access as you are not using it ATM ? ;-)