[mythtv-users] Watch list problem

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Wed Oct 8 20:02:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 10/08/2008 02:24 PM, Johnny Russ wrote:
> >> If I want to watch an episode and know I want to watch another after,
> >> I go to that show's folder and pick the ones I want to see. Since I
> >> sort my original air date, it's easy to figure out which one is "next"
> >> for me.
> > This is problematic for people who keep episodes around after they have
> > watched them. If you keep a whole season or several seasons, then it is
> more
> > difficult to narrow down the next unwatched episode. The watch list fixes
> > this by clearing out all of the watched episodes and all but the oldest
> > unwatched episode.
> >

> Which is why there's a sort-by-original-airdate option for the Watch
> Recordings screen.  Assuming you have good listings data (I know that
> Schedules Direct does, FWIW), it works great.

I realize you can sort them, but you still have the issue of scrolling a lot
of episodes and remembering which one you watched already. This really isn't
a big deal. There is a setting in TV Settings -> Playback (page 6) under the
watch list settings for the number of days to exclude and episode. It won't
let you set it below 1 day. It would nice if the defaulted to 0. At a
minimum it should be allowed to be set to 0. However, the only way to set it
to 0 is by going in and doing it manually. I am know there are lots of ways
of doing things for all of our differing methods of using mythtv. This seems
to seems to bea case where a simple adjustment could accommodate a lot of
users.