[mythtv-users] Storage groups: How to set 'SGweightLocalStarting' to 0?

Jonathan Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 8 21:43:04 UTC 2008

> If you've got the hostname set right, something is causing it to not
> pick up the value.  Typically that will only be an issue when updating
> the DB while Myth is running.  Did you shut down all Myth frontends and
> backends, then update the DB, then restart and test?
>
> Mike

I'm sure I stopped all the backends before updating the DB, but I did leave a couple frontends running.

> For future reference, mysql client will display NULL when the value is
> null. The above indicates there is an empty value which is not the
> same as NULL.
>
> For example:
> mysql> select * from settings where hostname IS NULL LIMIT 1;
> | value                        | data             | hostname |
> | mythfilldatabaseLastRunStart | 2008-10-08 12:53 | NULL     |
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I'm new to the SQL CLI, so I didn't even realize there was a functional difference between "" and NULL. Should the insert command look like this?:

INSERT settings (value, data, hostname) VALUES ("SGweightLocalStarting", 0, NULL);

Jon