[mythtv-users] Dish Network receivers' 2nd tuner

David Schlenk mythtv at schdav.org
Thu Oct 9 01:39:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 3:53 PM,  <robbinsck1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It depends on what type of lnbs you have. Some allow 2 tuners and some of the dish pro can allow 4. If you get a couple dp34 switches you could have 8. Google search dish network to learn all about the different lnb's etc.
>
> As far as controlling the rf side of the dual tuner. I don't know anyway to do it. Best bet is just get a couple of old single tuner dishnet boxes and control them with ir.

Not to answer my own question, but it appears that there's a UHF to IR
convertor coming out very soon (if not already out):
http://www.dishuser.org/tv2ir.php

Dish bought Sling and apparently got enough crap that their own stuff
was useless with their new acquisition's product. Hooray for corporate
conglomerates!

There's also this guy:
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18965&sid=4be6a2657140b9f5cc2661246c22bd90
which gets an E for Effort but I'm not skilled enough in the soldering arts.