[mythtv-users] how to improve Myth (was "OT: I'm streaming Netflix on my Linux box")

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Oct 9 14:21:33 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 06:54:26AM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2008, at 6:01 AM, jedi wrote:
>
> >    Yes, because in "real" projects all you have is coders. You don't
> > have anyone like designers or artists.
>
> Not sure what you mean by that. Every project I've ever worked on has
> designers and/or artists.

    That was sarcasm, since you seem to think those sorts of people
have no place in this project.

> >    It's very shortsighted to try and suppress the expression of new
> > ideas. Just because someone isn't quite up to diving into subversion,
> > it doesn't mean that their ideas can't be useful to someone that is.
>
> No one is suppressing ideas. They are raised, discussed and either

    Sure you are, every time you whine that something has been mentioned
before. If multiple people are coming up with the same idea over and over
again, there's probably a good reason for it.

> coded by the people who want it or added to the wish list until
> someone runs across it who is interested in coding it.
>
> This becomes a problem is when people don't search the archives and
> discuss the same (obvious) problems over and over again. It's a waste
> of time and frustrating. If someone has some new idea to add to the

    Don't be such an ass. If you can't handle ideas being repeated, that's
really your problem.