[mythtv-users] Help with UPnP configuration

David Segall david at segall.net
Thu Oct 9 16:52:26 UTC 2008

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 11:07 AM, David Segall <david at segall.net
> <mailto:david at segall.net>> wrote:
>
>     When I first installed mythbuntu 8.04.1 I believe that the Windows XP
>     computers on my network correctly detected a new UPnP server and its
>     Music and other directories. Probably because I changed a file, that is
>     no longer true. I only have a "MythTV AV Media Server" in my "My Network
>     Places" and clicking on that returns a "MythTV Status" page. Which file
>     do I need to change to fix this and where can I find some instructions
>     or a sample file?
>

> You need to use Windows Media Player or another UPnP client.  Windows
> itself doesn't provide that functionality in "My Computer"
Thanks Kevin but I think my problem is with mythbuntu as a server not
Windows as a client. Using Windows Media Player as the client does not
seem to expose, for example, the music directories on the mythbuntu
machine. "My Network Places" does show the mythbuntu machine as a media
server but does not show any specific media directories on the server.
--
David