[mythtv-users] Have myth email schedule info

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Oct 9 20:22:40 UTC 2008

>On Wednesday 08 October 2008 16:08, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> On Oct 8, 2008, at 1:42 PM, larry krasno wrote:
>> > I am looking for a way to have mythtv send an email that contains
>> > program info ( I want to notify  people about an specific program I
>> > would like them to see). Googling "mythtv send email" doesn't help.
>> >
>> > Ideally I would like to be able to send the email while
>perusing the
>> > schedule information.

What about the tv wish script. That script searches for tv shows to record
based on your input into settings files. You could maybe modify it to do all
the same stuff, but instead of fill the myth db with stuff to record, it
just shoots off an email.

I have no idea how to make the change, but I'm sure you could find the
original programmer...he/she would be able to tell you right away how hard
that modification would be.

-Steve