[mythtv-users] Looking for confirmation of HW choice

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Fri Oct 10 23:29:52 UTC 2008

Hello all,
Well I think I fully selected my hardware for the MythTV system I'm working
on building.  Just looking for feedback since I'm well outside my normal
zone of knowledge (not a hw person).

Anyway if you see any problems or missing items let me know. Any feedback is
helfpul.

The goal is to have a backend server recording digital unencrypted channels.
 Then a frontend client on one TV (for now) using a diskless network boot.
 Plan to add more TV frontends later.  Also using a NAS for all storage.

Backend
     Dell Inspiron 530
         Intel(R) Pentium(R) dual-core processor E2200 (1MB L2, 2.2GHz, 800FSB)
         250 GB hard drive
         2 GB RAM
         Hauppaugh WinTV HVR 1250 (PCIe)
         pcHDTV (PCI)

Frontend
    VIA EPIA M10000G w/fan
    512 Ram
    60W Power
    T3310 Minicase
    will use the IR remote from the WinTV HVR 1250 card

NetGear NAS
    500 GB RAID

I look forward to feedback.  Thanks
steve