[mythtv-users] Looking for confirmation of HW choice

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Sat Oct 11 12:58:34 UTC 2008

Thanks for the feedback.
I plan to mainly just use the remote control.  The IR Receiver (if I can't
get it to work) I was going to just by a serial receiver to hook into the
mini-itx.  Then just get the remote to work.  If this doesn't work
a buddy of mine said he just used a Packard Bell remote with a serial
connection on his.  So thanks for the heads up.

As for the Back/Front end. I'm planning to put the backend in my basement
and the frontend in my family room under the TV.  I'm hoping to expand the
frontends to 2 tvs over the next few years.

So again thank you for the feedback and confirmation.  I bought the NAS last
night.  I think I'll by the Dell today  and hopfully start building it in a
week  :)

Steve