[mythtv-users] XBMC MythTV

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 08:56:20 UTC 2008

2008/10/11 Ben Edwards <list4me2 at googlemail.com>

> XBMCMythTV sounds good but does anyone know what version of mythtv it
> has.  I am runing 2.21 on by backend.

I assume you mean 0.21. :)

I'm running a build of XBMC a few months old and it doesn't yet support myth
0.21, it can browse the recordings or channels but will not play anything
correctly? I've not got my recordings exported though. (although a native
myth frontend running on another pc works ok so I assume it's an xbox
issue.)

Just checked and I'm either using 'XBMC-SVN_2008-06-16_rev13573-T3CH' or
'XBMC-SVN_2008-04-20_rev12746-T3CH' if I never got round to updating.

I can however use myth as a UPnP Media server with XBMC which seems to work
OKish, although can sometimes give up half way through stuff.

Ian