[mythtv-users] MySQL Database Overflow

Nathan Lanchbury mythtv at lanchbury.id.au
Tue Oct 14 14:45:52 UTC 2008

Thankz guys for your help.  Problem is now SOLVED!

Have you run the optimize_mythdb.pl script on the database?
I didn't know what the script was called, as I only ever used it through
the mythweb site.  When I did it simply said the database was fine.  I
then tried repairing the database with myisam command line script same
deal no change.  I even when as far as to REPAIR TABLE ........ USE_FRM;
through mysql and still no luck

Do you see any errors in the mythbackend logfile?
The only error I was getting is from the mythbackend running out of RAM
space because it had soaked a whole 3GBs of it.  Can't remember what it
was now, completely unhelpful though.

Mine is heaps shorter?
/etc/my.cnf
[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
user=mysql
# Default to using old password format for compatibility with mysql 3.x
# clients (those using the mysqlclient10 compatibility package).
old_passwords=1

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

ANSWER (well sort of)

I've been able to import my database records into a new blank one.  One
table at a time, slowly, gently.  I've not restarted the mythbackend
since importing, I've clicked check, extended on the mythweb page half a
dozen times now.  Hopefully no more troubles, except for the case of
leaving half my database behind but at least I've got my old recordings
Yay!

I didn't think it was a programs settings thing, as a new database
worked, still I used your larger my.cnf is case.  Yes I runs a Fedora
OS.  Thankz for your help.

Nathan Lanchbury
mythtv at lanchbury.id.au