[mythtv-users] How often are mythtv releases made?

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Wed Oct 15 18:05:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Oct 15, 2008, at 7:48 AM, nospam312 wrote:
>> [...]
>> For example, Ticket 5265 is major fix from my point of view but for
>> some reason it is not going in the fixes branch it has been changed to
>> milestone 0.22.  This means I have to wait for the next major release
>> for a fix that basically makes MythTV usable on a major TV network -
>> until then MythTV does not work.
>>
>> Out of interest what cirtieria needs to be met to make the fixes
>> release?
>
> Generally speaking, if it's a bug fix and easily patches against 0.21,
> it's applied to fixes. If it's a feature, it definitely does not get
> applied to fixes. If it's a bug fix but relies on implementation of a
> new feature to be applied, it does not get applied to fixes. I'm not
> sure about the specific bug you cited. You'd have to contact Stuart
> directly to ask why it was moved to 0.22 instead of backported to
> fixes first.

The devs will also sometimes let a change soak on the trunk first
before back porting it to the -fixes branch.  In this particular case,
he changed #5265 to critical, so obviously he considers it very
serious - yet the patch hasn't been applied to the trunk yet.  I
wouldn't personally give up hope yet.

   Marc