[mythtv-users] mythtv-usersOn the Road - Remote Frontend

Wes Hardaker wjhns176 at hardakers.net
Wed Oct 15 20:11:41 UTC 2008

>>>>> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:02:18 -0400, DISAFAN <disafan at aim.com> said:

d> I've looked through the mailing list logs and read a few discussions of
d> a similar nature, but wanted feedback on this problem I'm having.

Another option: a removable hard drive that you load up with mpgs before
heading out the door to the remote location.  mythrename.pl lets you
easily create symlinks to all your records so you can copy over the
programs from your current machine that you wish to watch onto the
external drive that can be quickly thrown in your luggage to take with
you.  You then just need a mpeg player.  You won't have the most recent
stuff recorded since you left, but you can quickly grab other things you
want to watch.

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon loaded with ..."
an external hard drive.

(I had to modify the quote a bit to bring it inline with modern times)