[mythtv-users] What hardware do I need to be able to dual record using Comcast cable?

Adam Rosenfield adamrose at mit.edu
Thu Oct 16 02:51:44 UTC 2008

Thanks all for the feedback.  Yeah, I'm looking at a combined system.
That's too bad that the P4 can't handle HD playback; if there's a
better CPU that can fit in the same socket, I might go with that, but
otherwise I'm not sure if it's worth putting together a whole new
system for.

I need to talk to Comcast to get a new STB, since the one I currently
have was just the basic one that came with my package, no HD or
FireWire.  Once I get that, I'll see what I can get out of the
FireWire connection.  If you're using FireWire, do you even need a TV
tuner card at all?  Can you just read the digital FireWire stream
through a standard FireWire card and save it to disk (assuming it's
not encrypted)?

-Adam