[mythtv-users] Problems with new setup???

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 10:26:55 UTC 2008

On 16/10/2008, Per Jørgensen <myth at pbj-design.dk> wrote:
> David Watkins wrote:
> >> Afterwards I'm testing the DB - with this command:
> >> # mysql -p -u mythtv
> >> Enter password:
> >> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using
> >> password: YES)
> >>

> > You need to get this working.
> >
> > It looks like a permissions (PRIVILEGE) issue to me but I can't really
> > read you database tables in my mail reader.
> >
> I've tried - using this link as source
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html

I presume you mean you used this command to set the privileges?

mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"%" identified by "mythtv";
mysql> flush privileges;

have you tried replacing % with localhost?

I'm not the best person to help you with this because I got into a
mess when I changed my network settings and took ages to get the
permissions working again without really understanding what I was
doing.  I kept finding examples of the above command using different
arrangement of the quotation marks.  It also took be a long time to
realise that 'identified by' means 'using password'.  At least I think
it does.