[mythtv-users] Myth client for Windows?

Anthony Zawacki azmail at thezawackis.com
Thu Oct 16 16:29:13 UTC 2008

Darrin wrote:
> Does anyone know of a current project for a windows front end?  I
> checked the archives, but everything that was referenced seems to be
> dead for over 6 months.  I did read about a port of mythfrontend to
> Windows, but it does seem strange to me that no one has posted about it
> since last spring and the only option is to build it from scratch.  In
> the windows world, there aren't a lot of end users that are willing to
> undertake that kind of effort to get it working on their systems.

XBMC for Windows works with a mythtv backend, and in my opinion, looks
better than mythtv player, as I couldn't get mythtv player to
deinterlace properly.  The current release is Beta 2, which is what I
tested with, and it seems stable enough to me.  It's worth a look
anyway.  In my case, neither really fit the bill in that neither seem to
support the captions recorded from a PVR-150 in the mpg stream.