[mythtv-users] Full screen corruption with fglrx

Hans Houwaard hans at ginder.xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 17 06:10:28 UTC 2008

First post on the list, Hi all!

I too have problem with the fglrx driver. It seems I'm stuck on this driver
untill AMD frees up the cards details, so a fully functionaly open driver
can be build. I have used the --geometry fix to get the full screen output
corrected, I have a fix in place in .xprofile to set the screen to the full
size, instead on the overscan corrected size with black borders.

This all seems to work now, except for video corruption in TV. The first
channel get displayed correctly, the next channel that's  changed to has a
high chance to be displayed all carbled, with deinterlacing all on top of
eitherother or with a complete garbled output. Leave TV with Esc and
reentering it gives the correct display.

Had anyone been able to fix these issues? It is highly annoying.

Hans Houwaard