[mythtv-users] Creating specific rule for search program

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 13:57:45 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Mike Holden <mythtv at mikeholden.org> wrote:

> I have a few Custom Record searches set up, and by and large they work
> fine.
>
> However I've just come across an issue I would like to know if there is an
> easy solution to.
>
> A program has been matched by my search and will record, but this is one
> of a series, and due to listings differences, not all episodes for this
> title are matched by the search. I would like to quickly and easily select
> the program from Upcoming Recordings and say "I want to record all of this
> program". It seems that from this screen, all I can do is edit the Search,
> which isn't what I want.
>
> Now I appreciate I can set up a new Record Search matching on title, but
> this seems a very convoluted way to set up a recording that I can already
> see in my listings, so is there another way?

I have a similar issue with my "Premier episodes" rule.  What I do is this:

Edit the rule
Go to program information
Select "Show all episdoes matching this title" (not this rule)
Select an episode that does not match (they should appear as
white/non-recording color)
This should start you setting up a new rule which will match all episodes of
this show

Since the new rule was created after the custom search, it will match all
the episodes that the custom search doesn't.

Kevin