[mythtv-users] mythtv: channel changing speed ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 19:39:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 18:11 -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Oct 17, 2008, at 1:26 PM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
>
> > I'm using a Sonicview 360 Elite to receive FTA satellite feeds.  I'm
> > thinking of moving to mythtv and dvb cards.  I will use it to mainly
> > surf and watch live satellite broadcasts.
> >
> > I've heard that mythtv can be quite slow to change channels.  My 360
> > Elite takes less than 1 second.
> >
> > Is mythtv slow when changing channels ?  What would a typical
> > channel to
> > channel lag be ?  Why ?
>
> There are 297 results for "slow channel change" in the archives that
> explain it all.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv&do=search_results&search_forum=forum_1&search_string=slow+change+channels&search_type=AND

Thanks for the link.  I didn't realize one could search the entire
history of threads.   Good to know.

Not all of those posts are about channel changing.  But its clear to me
that there are a lot of people interested in speeding up the channel
changing in mythtv.

I'm going to start a new thread about that very topic.