[mythtv-users] Should I switch to SVN? (will it fix my last 2 problems?)

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Sun Oct 19 20:08:11 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 10/18/2008 12:52 PM, DaveD wrote:
>
>> I've been having problems with commercial skipping ever since I
>> installed 0.21.  I am using ATRPM's original build for FC7 and can no
>> longer get updates since he doesn't support FC7 any longer.  I am
>> considering switching to SVN but want to make sure the problem has been
>> fixed before I take the plunge.
>>
>> When I watch a recording and stop it in the middle, I tell it to save
>> the position.  I then start watching another show and when it comes to
>> the commercial, I press Z (set for manual skip) and it switches back to
>> the saved position of the other show.  I press Z again and it switches
>> back to the show I'm really watching and skips the commercial.  I'm
>> wondering if anyone has seen this (I posted something when it first came
>> up but no one posted a solution) and if it is a bug or something I have
>> messed up in my setup.  If it was a bug, has it been fixed?
>>

> Sounds like you have more than just manual commercial skip
> (SKIPCOMMERCIAL) mapped to the z key.  Maybe JUMPPREV ("Jump to
> previously played recording").

Thank you!  It wasn't the key bindings but rather my .lircrc file
settings.  I tried skipping via the keyboard again to make sure and it
worked fine (with Z).  I had the same remote key mapped to H (PREVCHAN )
and Z (SKIPCOMMERCIAL).  Apparently, during recording playback, PREVCHAN
has the same effect as JUMPPREV.  Since both keys were being sent, it
switched back on the second press and then skipped the commercial!  I
mapped Z to a different remote key and problem is solved.  Now for the
clicks and pops on the remote FE....

DaveD