[mythtv-users] Hardware questions

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Wed Oct 22 00:26:53 UTC 2008

Okay, brace yourselves for the ultimate noobness.. but I've never used/had
an antenna for TV--  Is the antenna all that's needed to get HD signals? How
is it setup (in the simplest terms)? Is it used along with a subscription of
some sort with a provider (bell, rogers. etc.) ?? Like from the start.. say
I buy the channel master 4221.. what exactly am I doing with it to get from
A-Z ?

I just purchased an HVR-1600 from best buy so I can test it with my parents'
Rogers digital box (30 days to return so I can at least try the setup out
and see what it would be like).

Thanks fellas
Bob