[mythtv-users] Uptime

Clay nt4usb at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 00:55:57 UTC 2008

> From: Paul Clark <battledean at gmail.com>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Uptime
> To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Date: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 3:15 AM
> Just a point of interest really.  I get about 5-7 days of
> uptime
> before I require a reboot of my combined be/fe setup.
> Often the fe
> crashes when rewinding live TV or we start to see bad
> horizontal
> tearing on panning shots so we reboot to make that go away.
>
> How much uptime do others get?  I'm trying to decide if
> I should spend
> some time to investigate my issues further or just accept
> that 5-7
> days is average.

My master fe/be needs restarting every day or so... Whenever HD playback gets choppy. I've tried restarting x, myth, mysql, gdm, and nearly every other process I can get at. Only a reboot lets HD play correctly. It's a dedicated Mythbox. No keyboard, mouse, or monitor (well, except for the TV) so whatever is bjorking it up is Myth related.
The slave fe/be runs forever... except that's the one I do all my tinkering on so it gets rebooted more often than it would if I left it alone.