[mythtv-users] [mythtv] CC benchmarks and procedure list ? Was: how would one speed up the channel changing in mythtv ?

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 18:40:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 10:21 -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
> > I tend to think of channel surfing
> > as something that's a relic of analog TV.
>
> I'm running a Sonicview Elite 360 FTA receiver.  2 tuners, full PVR,
> with time shift, great EPG, PIP, super fast change times, etc. Its a
> channel surfer's delight.

Not really to the point he was making.  Regardless of the content, tuning
speed, or features, the advent of PVR and on-screen guides have made the
habit of channel surfing a relic of the past.

Guide: Why surf when you can browse what's on via the guide and choose what
you want to watch changing channels once?
PVR: Why browse when you can record anything you want to watch and let
priorities and auto-expiration manage the data?

Kevin