[mythtv-users] Attention tv_grab_uk_rt users!

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 08:58:25 UTC 2008

On 24/10/2008, Steve Curtis <scurtis at fixation.net> wrote:
> 2008/10/22 Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>
> >

> > I am still trying to see if the Radio Times can add the remaining
> > Freesat/Freeview channels that they do not yet carry - if anyone else
> > wants to ask too, please send a message to radio.times at bbc.co.uk.
> >

> I just asked them about Radio times and they say they will look into it - so
> fingers crossed!
>
> In the meantime, is it possible to have MythTV capture radio times using OTA
> grabber.  I ticked the box to use OTA but nothing ever comes through.  Just
> wondered if anyone else was already doing this.

I presume you mean the data over Freeview?  I enabled it temporarily
the other night to see if it worked for radio data, and it did.  Do
you have EIT enabled on your backend setup?  I forget exactly where it
is in mythtv-setup.  It's not in the capture card setup but I think
it's in the section after, whatever that's called.

I have an issue with permanently enabling EIT data because it prevents
my backend shutting down on idle (it's a reported bug scheduled for
fixing in 0.22).  UK radio listings are not, I believe provided by
tv_grab_uk_rt so I'd be interested in hearing about anyone who's
successfully grabbing radio listing data for the UK freeview stations.