[mythtv-users] mythgame - removing gui from emulators

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Fri Oct 24 13:53:14 UTC 2008

I currently have snes9x (SNES), fakenes (NES), stella (Atari 2600),
and mupen64plus (N64) working in some fashion under mythgame. What I'd
like to do is have those emulators load up and immediately load the
rom. Then when ESC or Q or whatever is hit, have them exit completely,
rather than exiting to their own GUI. What I'm effectively looking for
is for a --nogui option. It would make it much easier to switch games
with just the remote and joystick that way.

Does anybody know how to do that for snes9x, fakenes, stella, or
mupen64? I haven't looked into it too closely yet, but if you happen
to have a commandline syntax that does that, please share it.

 - Jeff