[mythtv-users] long delay on Skip Forward

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Oct 24 19:35:57 UTC 2008

On Oct 24, 2008, at 10:53 AM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> In 0.21 using Fedora RPMs I am getting a long pause and 100% CPU
> when using
> Skip Forward (30sec) at times. I can count on at least one of these an
> evening, randomly, as I watch sports, which I usually watch an hour
> later as
> the game is recording. I had this problem with 0.20 too. Is this a
> known
> issue?

It sounds like latency when attempting to query the seektable so it
knows where to jump to. If the table is constantly being written to
and not read for a while, mysql could take a while to retrieve the
information you're looking for. In that respect, I would say it's a
mysql issues and not a mythtv one and recommend tuning your database
(look in the archives for ways of increasing caches, clearing out old
data you don't need any more, etc).

Of course I could be completely wrong, but that's what it sounds like
to me.

-Brad