[mythtv-users] Uptime

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Sat Oct 25 16:11:43 UTC 2008

----- "Kingsley Turner" <krt at krt.com.au> wrote:
> Scott Alfter wrote:

Paul Clark wrote:

How much uptime do others get?  I'm trying to decide if I should spend
some time to investigate my issues further or just accept that 5-7
days is average. mythserver ~ # uptime
 10:01:15 up 69 days, 15:17,  1 user,  load average: 0.23, 0.10, 0.02

This is a backend-only machine (frontends are off when they're not in use), but
there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get weeks or months of uptime (I
think the last time I had my backend powered down was to replace a bad UPS). How did you get such a low load average?

> My backend/frontend *constantly* sits on 1.<something>, even with the frontend doing nothing! Ok so right now the box isn't recording, transcoding, anything and the load shows:
>
> top - 07:10:33 up 1 day, 21:39, 3 users, load average: 2.51, 2.48, 2.45
>
> With mythbackend using 0-1% of CPU (2.4G dual-core intel) periodically
>
> Any ideas?
>
> cheers,
> -MythNoob

load average: 0.22, 0.27, 0.21

You have something else running on the backend to get loads that high.