[mythtv-users] I can't make any progress in getting Mythtv to work

daryl sofasurferlinux at charter.net
Sat Oct 25 18:50:56 UTC 2008

Thanks to all of you for your responses.
I am using Ubuntu 8.04.

I have used synaptic to remove all myth packages. I then deleted the
mythtv directory in my home directory. Now I can start from scratch.

I installed Mythbuntu-desktop with synaptic. I also watched the Mythdora
video that Brian recommended. I will try Mythdora on a differant
partition if their website gets less busy, but for now I will
concentrate on Mythbuntu-desktop.

I downloaded the installation guide that Allen recommended and will
spend some time reading it and then see how I do. I will then let you
all know my results.

I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks, Daryl