[mythtv-users] Channel grabbing question: can I grab from multiple sources?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 19:16:01 UTC 2008

On 25/10/2008, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at computer.org> wrote:
> David,
>

>  David Watkins wrote:
>  >> My question therefore: can I, for a given video source, grab listings
>  >> from multiple sources?
>  >
>  > Yes.  At least you definitely can if you run the grabbers and
>  > mythfilldatabase manually (ie using cron).  I'm not sure if it's
>  > possible to configure it this way if you run mythfilldatabase
>  > internally inside mythtv.
>

> Thanks.
>
>  How would I go about setting this up? I'm not averse to doing some
>  scripting. Is there any documentation on the grabber API? That is: how
>  do I need to call the individual grabbers and make them think that it's
>  mythfilldatabase calling them?

Run each of the grabbers manually ($grabber --help will give you the
command line options they expect), exporting the listings data to
multiple XMLTV files. Then run mythfilldatabase for each XMLTV file,
ensuring you specify which sourceid to populate the data against.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/