[mythtv-users] Installing new HVR-1600, conflict with nvidia card / PCI slot usage??

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Mon Oct 27 01:55:06 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Nick F <nikos.f at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com> wrote:

>> card) and it was fine, but I rebooted with the new firmware and drivers and
>> now I'm having the same problem, and it doesn't seem to matter which slot I
>> put it in now, I'm getting the error again, the card is not playing nice.
>>

> Have you increased your vmalloc space (in your grub file)?  Until I did
> that I couldn't get my HVR-1600 and Nvidia to play nicely together.

I actually did just do that, and it's worknig now (and in the other PCI slot
to boot!). vmalloc=256M did it.

Nick can you offer any tips/experience on your HVR-1600 usage?? I am in a
dilemma right now as to whether I should keep it or return it and grab
another cheap pvr-150 for the moment. My main thing is having a card that
can capture HD/digital for the future when I get an antenna, and also analog
for right now.

Thanks
Bob