[mythtv-users] Video driver help

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 27 21:35:12 UTC 2008

OK, last week I had another thread going where I was having some issues
with my "Watch TV" playback being real jumpy.  As it turns out, based on
someone's suggestion, it was in fact my video driver.  So I got the
latest ATI video drivers, as my MB has an ATI Radeon X1200 series video
controller onboard.  However, the best resolution that I can get is
640x400.  The myth frontend menu looks nice and Live TV plays well now,
but if I go into the Utilities/Setup screens, the bottom is cut off.
I'm trying to fix a sound issue in those screens and can't see part of
them now.

I should add that I currently have my Myth box hooked up to a Zenith 23"
LCD TV because my main TV, a Samsung 46" DLP, is being repaired.  Below
is a section of my xorg.conf file.  How do I go about getting more
modelines and better resolutions?

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier    "Configured Monitor"
    Vendorname    "Plug 'n' Play"
    Modelname    "Plug 'n' Play"
  modeline  "640x480 at 60" 25.2 640 656 752 800 480 490 492 525 -vsync -hsync
    Gamma    1.0
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier    "Default Screen"